Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fresh for a Friday

Tomorrow night, we're headed to a dinner with our "Firefighter Family." It's always a good time. Lots of laughs!! Just time to catch up, with all of our friends.

And one of the best things, about our little dinners, is trying new food. This time, I'm supposed to be bringing the dessert. After finding out, what everyone else was bringing, I knew I wanted something light. Something fruity.

What's a woman to do? Turn to her friend of course! Especially when she's a dietitian. :) Lola told me about this yummy recipe she had come across. And you know what, it just sounds too yummy!!


On my way home from work today, I made a stop at the grocery store. For all the ingredients. I might have dug into a few of the berries. I couldn't resist!! They looked too perfect. And the glasses?? I found something really similar at the Dollar Tree. Who knew?? Better yet, the manager let me have them for half off. Why?? He said because I'm a nurse. My hubby is a fireman. And I was buying 2 dozen. Sweet, sweet man!!
 
I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Other than the yumminess going on tomorrow night, it's going to be a busy weekend for us. It's almost Cinco de Mayo. So around here, that means lots of celebrations!! And we're definitely going to see this lovely lady, sing her heart out. Have a GREAT weekend!!

No comments: