Monday, April 22, 2013

Just the Inspiration I Needed

Last week, while reading this post, I was inspired. In case you didn't know, I've been a bit lazy in the style department. I have no excuse! But during my last trimester, my outfit of choice was pjs. Or these comfy maternity pants, with a long maternity tank. Shhh! I still wear those tanks. :)
 
And let's just be honest here, I'm a nurse. I spend my days, in scrubs. They're comfy. Perfect for a lazy bun like me. And very matchy, matchy. Essentially....a "no brainer." When I get home, I reach for those pjs. It's a sad, sad cycle. But one that I've been in, for a few months.
 
But back to Andrea. She is 9 months pregnant. In this picture. With her 3rd baby!! And look at how stylish she is. I adore, and maybe just maybe, am a bit jealous of her scarf collection. Reminds me a lot of Ms. Lola's scarf collection. Where do these ladies find, such fun scarves??
 
I saw this look last week. And really liked it. Andrea actually has on jeans, a white t-shirt, and a comfy sweater/cardigan. But these earrings and scarf....they make the entire outfit for me!!
 
 
I wanted a scarf and these earrings for myself. Like these. But how do you ask a perfect stranger? Andrea probably already thinks I'm a nutcase! I asked her about 100 questions last week. So I thought twice about this....
 
But I just couldn't get them out of my mind. What's a girl to do?? Then maybe just maybe, my sweet friend came to the rescue. Told me to hit up Wal-Mart for a similar scarf. Are you for real?? She was!! They had them, in all sorts of neon colors!!
 
And those earrings?? I found a very similar pair at the mall. Where?? Claire's!! I know. It's supposed to be for little girls. But as I walked by, twins in tow, I saw the girl unpacking some boxes. And a bunch of flower earrings. Mine are neon pink, with "gold" accents. Now I need somewhere to go. I've got a cute outfit to wear. Thank you Andrea, for the inspiration! Now do think my sweet hubs would like to meet for lunch??

No comments: