Friday, June 22, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 13



How far along? 13 Weeks
Total weight gain: 7 lbs (Pre-pregnancy weight: 115 lbs). 2 more lbs! What's going on?? I know I'm having twins. But is this normal??
Babies are the size of: Meyer lemon. If you are like me, you ask what's the difference between a regular lemon, and a Meyer lemon? Honestly, in size, I don't think there is a difference. The Meyer lemon is just more round. I bought some, but for some reason, citrus just doesn't sounds good.
Babies' development: The twins are forming their vocal chords. This is when we start to see, if they are more like James, or me. :)
Estimated length of babies': About 2.91 in
Estimated weight of babies': Less than 0.81 oz
Maternity clothes: I caved this week. And I started wearing my maternity pants this week. I also went out and bought some bigger scrub bottoms. Mine are just too tight!!
Stretch marks: Not a one!
Sleep: I'm sleepy all the time. But I'm resisting. I just have so much to do. I think my biggest problem, is having to get up all night long! I'm going to bed between 8:30-9:00pm. Most nights. And sleeping until 6:30am. It just doesn't seem to be helping....
Best moment this week: Wearing my maternity clothes. Crazy, right? But I just LOVE that I finally get to wear them. To be 100% honest here, I've had some of these things, for a few years now.
Miss anything: Weird enough, sleeping on my tummy. I don't do it a lot. But when I'm snuggling with my hubby, that's my preferred position. Now, I must find a new way to sleep, with my hubs.
Movement: Nothing. But I'm waiting for it!
Food cravings: Cheerios and cucumbers. Not together. But I want both of those, most days. Oh, and a new one for me....mashed bananas on toast. Yum! My new breakfast. And "after dinner" snack. :)
Gender prediction: James is predicting 2 girls. I'm leaning towards 1 girl, 1 boy. 99.9% of the people we work with, say 2 boys....
Anything making you queasy or sick: Now that BBQ season is in full swing, I'm in trouble!! The smell of BBQ sauce, and most meats, sends me running. Oddly enough, so does the smell of beer. We went out to dinner this week, I just couldn't handle it. We ended up getting our food to go. Oh, and citrus. That's weird. Even I know that!
Labor signs: None
Symptoms: I've been really tired. And if I move too quickly, I'm getting dizzy. Also, my breasts are incredibly sore! I experienced this pre-pregnancy. Thanks to hormones. And probably around weeks 4-8. But it seems to be back!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Excited!! This is the end of my 1st trimester. I can't believe how fast, it's gone. I've NEVER made it this far in a pregnancy. And I'm just "over the moon!" This whole pregnancy thing, I'm loving it! I wouldn't mind doing it again. :)
Looking forward to: Learning the gender of our babies!! In 3 weeks, they will tell us. Although, they say they can tell at 15 weeks. There is no "guarantee" on that deal. Until weeks 16-20. I can't wait!

No comments: