Friday, June 29, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 14


How far along? 14 Weeks
Total weight gain: 9 lbs (Pre-pregnancy weight: 115 lbs). I see a pattern developing. And it scares me. But my Dr. tells me, it's normal. We'll see when I'm as "big as a house!"
Babies are the size of: A nectarine.
Babies' development: All of the twins organs formed, in the 1st trimester. From now on, they'll be maturing.
Estimated length of babies': About 3.42 in
Estimated weight of babies': Less than 1.52 oz. Their weight has almost doubled again!!
Maternity clothes: Why didn't I do this earlier? I've never been more comfortable. I even managed to find some maternity scrubs! :)
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: I'm completely exhausted after work! Completely!! I need to nap, after my shift. But that could be from the long hours. On my days off, I'm pretty good. I seem to have more energy these days.
Best moment this week: Last week, we started our registry. But I was pretty lost. Didn't get too far.  But on Wednesday, Rachael helped me out so much! She brought Miss Savannah with her. And we put lots of stuff on our registry. Mostly "gender neutral." But I totally trust Rachael. She's a momma of 3. 2 boys, and a new baby girl. Hopefully, we can do this again. In 2 weeks. When we find out our babies' genders.
Miss anything: Being comfy in clothes. It's weird to explain. But I can't wait to come home, and rip off my scrub pants. Maternity or not, my belly is screaming for help. All day long!!
Movement: I felt some flutters at our appointment. The nurse told me, that the babies were moving. It was the oddest feeling. Not strong. Just....different. Like muscles moving. Or bubbles. Yes, that's more like it. Bubbles!!
Food cravings: This week, all I can think of is, sweets!! Ice cream, cake, cupcakes, warm chocolate chip cookies. Oh, and watermelon. I think I can eat an entire one!
Gender prediction: James is predicting 2 girls. I'm positive that there is at least 1 girl. But not sold on 2....not yet anyway. :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Anything with mayo. This is new. And so weird! I just can't deal with the smell.
Labor signs: None
Symptoms: I've been getting dizzy more often. I just think, I'm trying to move too quickly. Last Saturday, I went to the Farmers' Market. For 2 days after, my feet were so swollen. This was very odd to me.
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and excited! I never thought I could be this full of joy and love!!
Looking forward to: Time with our friends this week. And with our families soon! I just can't wait!! I'm bursting with love for everyone. :)

No comments: