Friday, December 7, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 37


How far along? 37 Weeks!!
Total weight gain: 38 lbs (Pre-pregnancy weight: 115 lbs). I don't even know how I'm gaining weight. I barely eat anymore.
Babies are the size of: The twins, are as long, as a stalk of Swiss chard.
Babies' development: From what I hear, the twins are running out of room. They're growing so big. That all these things I'm feeling, are the babies stretching and wiggling. No more hard kicks. :(
Estimated length of babies': About 19.13 in
Estimated weight of babies': Around 6.30 lbs. That's each baby. I know that my girls are quite that big. But still. That a lot of baby!
Maternity clothes: Clothes?? Why do pregnant women need to wear clothes? I'm pretty sure, I've worn pjs for days. Weeks even. And now, I don't even want to do that! Everything is irritating my belly. I've begun to wear underwear and big shirts around the house. Except when we have visitors.
Stretch marks: I'm moisturizing, like my life depends on it! No lie!! But I'm pretty sure, that I see a little stretch mark coming on. And my new BFF....she's just keeps on getting darker.
Sleep: Sleep?? What is that? I can't get comfortable to sleep. My belly is just too big. Last week, I was all about sleeping. This past week, almost nothing at all!!
Best moment this week: Installing our car seats. It just made all these things so real!! 5 days until our induction. I'm nervous and excited!!
Miss anything: Sleeping. Being comfortable in my skin. A belly that doesn't itch so much. My word!! I look like a crazy lady, scratching my belly.
Movement: It's definitely not the hard kicks, from a few weeks ago. More like turns, wiggles, hiccups, and hands and feet pushing against my belly. At first, that was a little spooky. But it's something that I'm growing to love. I almost feel like I can grab the girls' hands. :)
Food cravings: Thanks to this lady, I'm back to loving crispy tortillas with cheese. Not quite a quesadilla. Better! And water with orange slices. Yum! I can't get enough!!
Gender prediction: 2 beautiful little girls!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating more than half a sandwich. I can't eat too much. Or else I get sick to my stomach. Also, trying to bend over. Good thing I don't have to tie any shoes.
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions are happening more and more every day. I get at least 1 bad one a day. I have to stop what I'm doing. Just to get through it. The Drs. tell me, this is very normal. And actually really good for me and the girls.
Symptoms: Light headed, when I do anything to exert myself. If I get up too quick, lie on my side, bend over, laugh too hard. I'm also incredibly sore. Like I've run a marathon or something.
Belly button in or out: It's as out as you can get!
Wedding rings on or off: They're very tight. But I managed to jam them on, for both of our outings this week.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've been on "Cloud 9" all week! Singing to my girls. Taking in these last few days of pregnancy.
Looking forward to: Finally holding our girls!! This week. I just can't believe it. After all we've been through. This is just a miracle. Soon we'll have Gwen and Melia to hold. And love!!

No comments: