Friday, May 4, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 6


How far along? 6 Weeks!!
Total weight gain: 1/2 lb (Pre-pregnancy weight: 115 lbs)
Babies are the size of: A pomegranate seed
Babies' development: They have tripled in size. And the amniotic fluid is protecting them.
Estimated length of babies': About 1/8 in
Estimated weight of babies': Less than 0.04 oz
Maternity clothes: Nothing yet.  
Stretch marks: Nada!!
Sleep: I'm just plain exhausted. I can't seem to sleep enough. Honestly, I feel like a bear, that NEEDS to hibernate....
Best moment this week: Telling our family and friends. My dear Lord, knows how hard this was to keep a secret. Dr. C and Dr. S are the only 2 people that knew. Other than our fertility Drs. It was so amazing to share our "little secrets." With the people we love most! Believe me, we've waited a very long time for this!!
Miss anything: Eating. And not feeling sick all the time. TMI: I've never in my life, thrown up this much!
Movement: Nothing
Food cravings: Dry Cheerios. I can eat these all day. Every day. Bing cherries always sound yummy. And good 'ol mac 'n cheese. You know, the box kind!
Gender prediction: James says there are 2 girls. I'm feeling there could be a boy and a girl. All the Drs. and nurses I work with, say 2 boys. My dear friend says, 2 girls. Only 9 weeks until we find out. :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Every kind of food you can imagine. Meat is my new enemy. Spicy or strong smelling/tasting foods, send me running. Pretty much, I can only stomach dry cereal, crackers, fruit, and some veggies.    
Labor signs: None
Symptoms: Horrible "morning sickness." That lasts all day, every day. Crazy headaches, when I've been on my feet too long. And I'm exhausted. Like "barely keep my eyes open," after 2 hours of work. Not the norm for me. At all!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Completely shocked, happy, and excited. James and I, have prayed for this, for a very long time. Honestly, I'm still in shock. I don't even know, if I completely believe what's going on.
Looking forward to: Everything!! There is not a thing, that I can't wait for. I want to experience the entirety of my pregnancy. Even all this "morning sickness."

No comments: